Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?

From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Steve_Miller(at)sil(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Favorite Linux Editor for PostgreSQL Scripts?
Date: 2003-02-06 15:39:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

It depends....

I use vi, and specify the environment variable
"PSQL_EDITOR" in "/etc/profile.local", thus:

export PSQL_EDITOR="/usr/bin/vi"

then when I want to edit a file, from within psql,
type:

\e /path/tp/file.sql

:-) easy.

-- Thomas Adam

--- Steve_Miller(at)sil(dot)org wrote: > I'm still new to
the Linux world, and do not have a
> bias for editor choice.
> I have one colleague that uses Emacs, but another is
> worried it leads to
> RSI and carpel tunnel syndrome, because the hands
> are on the keyboard all
> the time.
>
> So what are the favorites for PostgreSQL scripts? I
> need to start learning
> one.
>
> Steve Miller
> SIL International

> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the
> unregister command
> (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to
majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com