Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-02-02 12:05:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I think I have sorted through the confusion.
>
> Looks like the only thing cygwin might be used for is a client. Here's what
> the manual that comes with the 4.0.9gamma source says:
>
> There are two versions of the MySQL command-line tool: Binary Description
> mysql Compiled on native Windows, which offers
> very limited text editing capabilities.
> mysqlc Compiled with the Cygnus GNU compiler
> and libraries, which offers readline editing.
>
> If you want to use mysqlc.exe, you must copy `C:\mysql\lib\cygwinb19.dll' to
> your Windows system directory (`\windows\system' or similar place).

I am using SRA's Win32 port here on XP, and it doesn't use readline.

It does have arrow handling for psql, but does not do Control-A/E
handling, nor keep the history between psql invocations. I assume this
is what the limited command-line handling they are talking about.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us