Pg 7.3.1 & DBD::Pg 1.21

From: Renê Salomão <rene(at)ibiz(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pg 7.3.1 & DBD::Pg 1.21
Date: 2003-01-28 19:45:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I'm not sure if my problem belongs entirely to this list... But maybe someone might have an idea to help me...

I'm testing Pg 7.3.1 to determine if it's prudent to install in our machines to replace Pg 7.2.3...
We have a process of feeding, that inserts info into the Pg by text file... To accomplish such feeding in a time manner we decided to use perl...
For some odd reason what seemmed to work just fine in Pg 7.2.3 with previous version of DBD::Pg, is not working in the testing environment Pg 7.3.1 and DBD::Pg 1.21... The problem is that DBD::Pg is not returning the right data type to match a function definition... Normally in Pg 7.2.3, the return type is Numeric and Varchar, but with this new version of Pg, it returns an Integer instead of Numeric...
Anyone know a way to coerce either perl to return the right data type or Postgresql to accept in its function the wrong data type parameters...
Anyone has faced this problem before? What have u done?

Thanks
Renê Salomão
Ibiz Tecnologia -- www.ibiz.com.br