Re: [HACKERS] I am back

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] I am back
Date: 2003-01-25 21:03:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> > FYI, just in the past two weeks, I have gotten requests to speak in
> > China, Malaysia, Oregon, and Mexico!
>
> Do you see any of the sights while you're at those places?

Good question. I see a little sometimes. In Japan, I am there for
usually 1.5 weeks, and have the weekends to site-see, and folks are
usually very willing to show me around. In other places, usually have
less time but there is usually one or two people who take pity on me and
take me around, usually at night, which is sometimes the only free time
I have. In Atlanta, because I was 100% busy and didn't pad the visit
with an extra day at the beginning of the end, I saw basically nothing.

In Brussels, I am staying an extra day until Tuesday so I will have time
to look around. I am sure I will have no time during FOSDEM itself to
sitesee.

> Anyway, although these have entries in News and Events, it would be neat
> to have a world map for each year with pins in them representing that
> 'PostgreSQL was here' for talks, shows, training, etc with some details
> about the event.
>
> One can use these maps to argue rising interest and future stability.

It would certainly be a great idea if someone would implement it. The
best I can do is to have a "Presentations" section on my home page,
listed below.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us