Re: pg_dump automatic

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: ML-Postrges-general <Pgsql-General(at)Postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump automatic
Date: 2003-01-24 22:12:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 11:41:05PM +0100, Enrico Comini wrote:
> I have a password on the database, so when the file is executed it prompt
> for the password.

You could try setting the PGPASSWORD environment variable in your
script. I believe someone told me it was getting set to go away,
though, so it may not help. If your OS supports it, ident over UNIX
domain sockets is more secure.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada