Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP

From: cmr(at)shell(dot)gis(dot)net
To: kumar <kumar(at)netpark21(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP-Postgresql in WindowsXP
Date: 2003-01-21 22:55:06
Lists: pgsql-php

Dear Kumar,

Glad to see you have an interest in the Open Source software
community. Keep it up!

The only thing I can find about this is acquiring a unix emulator for
windows and running postgres on that.

If you head to postgresql.org right now, you can take part in a survey
that asks what would attract the most new PostgreSQL users. The first
radio box is Win32 Port.

There is plenty of ODBC support from PostgreSQL, though.

So it looks like two choices at the moment for you:

1) Install PostgreSQL on a *nix box and connect with your XP/PHP

--or--

2) Try and lobby for an XP/Win32 port.

Have you tried other lists or resources? If so, please let us know.