permission leak

From: "bigapple" <bigapple__2002(at)163(dot)com>
To: PGBUGS <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: permission leak
Date: 2003-01-17 05:54:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PGBUGS,

Short Description
Drop user cannot delete the correspoding permission and cannot change the owner of the namespace.

Long Description
When I droped a user, the all permission granted by other user cannot be deleted.
The all SQL statements show as the follow:

test=# CREATE user userb; --user test is a superuser and the database is test.
CREATE USER

test=# GRANT SELECT on b to userb;
GRANT

test=# c test userb
You are now connected to database test as user userb.

test=> SELECT * from b; --the table b is public.b
id
----
(0 rows)
test=> c
You are now connected to database test as user test.
test=# drop user userb;
DROP USER
test=# CREATE user userc;
CREATE USER
test=# c test userc
You are now connected to database test as user userc.
test=> SELECT * from b; --the table b is public.b
---
(0 rows)

When I got these message, and checked the system catalog pg_shadow ,
and find the droped userb and new user userc had same usesysid.

And more, Superuser test create a schema for userb, the userc got the schema
for userc has the same usesysid as userb;
I think this is permission leak.

bigapple

2003.1.17.

          2003-01-17