My make was successful after all...

From: Andrew Klimov <and_k_98(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: My make was successful after all...
Date: 2003-01-16 19:14:09
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Thank you again, Jason!

Configure and make was completed sucessfully.The one thing disturbs me. When I'd tried to configure --with-tcl the earlier 7.2.3 version source,I'd noticed from compiler that I have not a files like X11/Xlib.h. I'd try to find dircetory X11 in my cygwin installation, but unsuccessfully. After that I'd installed ActiveTcl 8.3 from http://www.activestate.com and then simply copied the directory X11 from ActiveTcl package to /usr/include/X11. Compiler errors disappear. Now, what should I do, when I have new,Postgres 7.3.1 compiled from source with --with-tcl option succewssfully? Of course, I can uninstall ActiveTcl,delete /usr/include/X11 directory in cygwin, and then try to compile Postgres again. But should I do it? My environment is not too fast to recompile such a large thing as SQL server from source.So I won't experiment. I want to know where is the source of misunderstood for me - if compiler want to find <X11> files , but cygwin distribution haven't these files - should
I act as I described above (simply copy these files from third-party distribution), or maybe my Cygwin installation is incomplete and I'd better try to find it on cygwin related sites?

However all works, and this is great!

Many thanks,

Andrew.