Re: libpqxx Large Objects

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Key88 SF <key88sf(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpqxx Large Objects
Date: 2003-01-10 12:13:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:09:58PM +0000, Key88 SF wrote:
> In order to call the large object functions, one needs to be able to get
> the PGconn connection object contained within a Connection object. Could a
> simple accessor method be added for the next revision?

I'd rather add a special-purpose large object interface than provide
a getter that breaks open the whole abstraction level. What libpqxx
does underneath its interface is not always simple, and it depends on
provable properties that may not remain provable if the PGconn is
exposed. Besides, this kind of accessor would eventually come back
to haunt me.

Jeroen