Re: status of 7.3 docs?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Rich Morin <rdm(at)cfcl(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: status of 7.3 docs?
Date: 2003-01-05 03:51:37
Lists: pgsql-docs

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Rich Morin writes:
>
> > It sounds like the 7.3 docs are "in progress". Coincidentally, I have
> > just about run out of the existing PostgreSQL DOSSIER volumes. Could
> > someone tell me
> >
> > * the status of the 7.3 set
>
> In principle, the 7.3 documentation as released is done. It's certainly
> not "in progress" at this point. There may be typo fixes or the like in
> 7.3.1 etc. But...

Yes, there will be a few typo fixes, and in future releases we may have
more cleanups in minor releases now that I know they are being rebuilt.

> > * what changes you would like to see (e.g., inclusions, exclusions,
> > re-organization) in a new set
>
> If you saw my message yesterday about a structural reorganization you
> might be interested in waiting until it's done (maybe a few weeks). I'm
> not sure whether that reorganization will be put into the official
> 7.3-branch docs, but it will be useful if you want to print books.

It is unlikely we will backpatch that to 7.3.X. Odds are it will be too
massive, and we normally don't backpatch feature improvements. However,
if Peter wants to, I don't think anyone would object.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us