pg_restore woes..

From: Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_restore woes..
Date: 2003-01-02 14:52:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Ok, got one annoying issue with pg_restore, I'm trying to make use the
re-order/remove option using a TOC listing. The catch is that no matter
WHAT I do, it always imports the data for a particularily large table that
I can get rid of or wait till the end of the import to have it stored. I
current have the line that tells it to import it commented out and have
even gone so far as to delete the line all together. It's as it the TOC
internal to the tarred archive is overriding my override list... anyone
got any ideas? I'm using 7.2.x, on FreeBSD, here's my command line:

pg_restore -U pgsql -S pgsql -h site.test.com -p 5433 -F t -v -d database
-x -O -L database.lst database.sql.tar

Chris Bowlby,
Manager of Information and Technology.
excalibur(at)hub(dot)org