Re: api library for windows client(newbie)

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Vandana Sudheer <vandanasudheer(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: api library for windows client(newbie)
Date: 2003-01-02 01:27:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:58:56AM -0000, Vandana Sudheer wrote:

> I am new to postgres, I would like to know the best
> and reliable way to access a postgres server on linux
> from a windows client. I don't want odbc. Is there any
> C++ class libraries for BCC 5.5 ?

You could try libpqxx; it works on several systems and compilers,
although as far as I know it hasn't been ported to Borland's yet.

You can find libpqxx at

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqxx/

An alternative is the more or less outdated libpq++:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqpp/

Jeroen