data type change

From: renzo rizzato <renzorizzato(at)iol(dot)it>
To: postgresql novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: data type change
Date: 2002-12-31 17:03:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hallo to all from Italy,
does anybody know if any sql instruction exists to allow
change of a column data type? In my case I need to convert a
money type into numeric without any success. Second
nuissance: I am using the italian translation of PostgreSQL
manual, author o Relly, the one with the big elephant in
cover, this is a very good book but I am spending a good
amount of time to re-create the example-database used:
'booktown', does anybody know if it is possible to get it
somewhwere in the net?
Thank ypu andregard

--
renzo rizzato