Bug #858: bitfromint4 not present in 7.3.1

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #858: bitfromint4 not present in 7.3.1
Date: 2002-12-26 15:17:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Andrew Goldsmith (andrew(dot)goldsmith(at)telstra(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
bitfromint4 not present in 7.3.1

Long Description
I have installed a copy of PostgreSQL 7.3.1 from src on my Debian/Linux system. The bitfromint4 function is no longer recognised, e.g. when trying to call from psql command line:
test=# select bitfromint4(4);
ERROR: Function bitfromint4(integer) does not exist
Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
You may need to add explicit typecasts

Based on passed bug reports this was a known problem with 7.3b2 [http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-10/msg00595.php] and doesn't seem to have been resolved for the released version.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report