Re: Apache and Postgres modules

From: Aarni Ruuhimäki <aarni(dot)ruuhimaki(at)kymi(dot)com>
To: Brian Scandale <Brrrian(at)Excite(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apache and Postgres modules
Date: 2002-12-17 18:19:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi !

I have a LinuxRH7.3/Apache1.3.27/Postgres7.2/ColdFusion5.0ProLinux box. And
some experience with this stuff. I will gladly help anyhow I can.

For starters, I installed a custom ( i.e. 'hand-picked' packs ) from RH 7.3
distro cd:s, nothing fancy, just leave out anything you dare and choose the
essentials. And ofcourse Apache, Pg + their devels, gcc etc. and other libs
for compiling various components. Then install cf and verify it's ok and
running. Upgrading to pg 7.3 should be no problem, nor absolutely necessary
if all db-work is going to be via cf. Then it really depends on cf-code and
cf-server settings + perhaps some adjustment to pg-settings and start
swithces and naturally apache settings, as cf is, i'm afraid, quite a monster
when it comes to memory usage etc.

First thing to do, after installing everything, is to register your box in RHN
and update everything - kernel, apache + other packs. Unless you want to do
this by hand.

What kind of site ? How much traffic expected ? Hardware ? How many dbs (
their size ? ) and maybe virtual domains ?

Best regards,

aarni