Re: Bug #838: SSL problems in 7.3

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nathan Mueller <nmueller(at)cs(dot)wisc(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug #838: SSL problems in 7.3
Date: 2002-12-14 18:45:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I checked through the rest of the SSL code and caught a few more cases.

The strange part here is that COMMERROR is for cases where the client
might not exist, and obviously you are seeing that. The problem is that
these errors can happen when the client _does_ exist too. Not sure how
to handle that, but let me get this fix in now.

Attached patch applied to HEAD and 7.3.X. Thanks.

Nathan Mueller wrote:
> Ok, I think I've gotten this figured out now. I saw this comment in pqcomm.c,
> switched the ERROR logs to COMMERROR logs and it all works. I've attached a
> patch to be-secure.c that fixes all my problems. Hopefully this is the right fix.
>
> --Nate
>
> /*
> * Careful: an elog() that tries to write to the client would
> * cause recursion to here, leading to stack overflow and core
> * dump! This message must go *only* to the postmaster log.
> */

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us