Re: list schema

From: Peter Childs <Blue(dot)Dragon(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: list schema
Date: 2002-12-06 06:03:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thursday 05 December 2002 23:21, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
> > I was going to add one for schemas, but \ds and \dS are already taken,
> > and there was no good proposal for what to use instead. Any thoughts?
>
> \dschema
>
> Pretty soon we'll have too many things for 'c' as well, so maybe we should
> go with full words.

I think this sounds like a good idea. as they would be much easier to
remember if its a full word. You can always leave the 1 leave the 1 letter
abbrevations in anyway and have both!

I also notice that on the todo list is a job to turn all these into views. It
might be worth doing that (should not be too difficult I think) plus they
could then be used from other client programs.

Strictly I think this meta information should have its own access methods in
the sql standard because currently sql is a broken standard with out this
meta infomation.

Peter Childs