Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Date: 2002-12-05 14:31:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com wrote:

> It is unfortunate that it is almost impossible to have a marketing group
> without there being some wilful blinders involved; it's vital for there to be
> some technical involvement in the marketing group to pop whatever bubbles they
> grow that are woefully wrong. But even if it operates with some occasional
> lack of /real/ vision, it's necessary to have a marketing group...

And, for the most part, those that are -advocacy are techies that wish to
contribute as they can, but don't have the knowledge/time to dedicate to
actual code ...

Bruce is kinda quiet, but both he and I are on that list, and I read (and
imagine Bruce does to) pretty much everything that goes through ...
but, again, these aren't 'marketing droids' we have over there, but
techies that are using the software and have an idea of her limitations
and benefits ...