Re: Compiere "embedded transactions"

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jorg Janke <jorg(dot)janke(at)compiere(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiere "embedded transactions"
Date: 2002-12-05 06:17:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am not sure you are going to be happy with our nested transactions.

Your text is:

> (1) embedded transactions
> - i.e. the "outer" transaction can rollback an "inner" committed
> transaction
> - currently the commit of the inner transaction would commit statements
> of the inner and outer transaction.

Are you saying:

BEGIN;
BEGIN;
UPDATE ...
COMMIT or ABORT;
COMMIT;

that you want the UPDATE to commit even if the outer transaction aborts?
I don't plan to have nested transactions work that way. What will
happen is that if the UPDATE transaction aborts, the outer transaction
will not automatically abort. Will that help you?

The savepoint version is:

BEGIN;
SAVVEPOINT xx;
UPDATE ...