Re: more information on OSX pg_dump problem

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: more information on OSX pg_dump problem
Date: 2002-12-01 16:11:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I've just finished the install of 7.3 release on mac
OSX 10.2.2. I notice that initdb will permit me to
init a directory for use, then when running postmaster
using the directory I get a fatal error:

FATAL: invalid value for option 'LC_TIME': 'en'

Shouldn't initdb check and not init with this locale..

I had to delete, then re-init. Not a real big deal,
just annoying to do something twice.

BTW, what is the problem with OSX that it requires
--no-locale?

Ted