Re: [GENERAL] One SQL to access two databases.

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] One SQL to access two databases.
Date: 2002-11-30 12:19:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Friday 29 November 2002 17:14, Joe Conway wrote:

> >>Have a look at the contrib/dblink directory in the standard postgresql
> >>distro.
> >
> > Didnt find such a directory (or a similar one) in my 7.1.3-distri and
> > this would be very helpful to save db-handles in persistent programs.
>
> dblink was first released with PostgreSQL 7.2. But as of yesterday, a "new
> and improved" PostgreSQL 7.3 was released with a much improved dblink. If
> you can, upgrade to 7.3.
>
> Joe

Hi Joe !

Now when the 7.3 release is out,can we get back to plpq ?
I did send You sources before vacation, and You said that You will take a
look.
I hope I am not disturbing You. If You think that this is bad Idea, I give up
hope that we merge this functions into dblink, an I will do it manually for
my projects as I did before(I must say that this is a frustration for me
because I must tweak the code with every new release of postgres).
I am not using new plpq functions jet, so even if You do not want to merge,
maybe You can give me some comments(as I said before, I do not understand
memory management and memory contests to well) ?
Thank You in advance.

Regards !