Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT

From: David Crawshaw <david(at)zentus(dot)com>
To: shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FETCH a cursor inside a SELECT
Date: 2002-11-30 01:29:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 00:23, you wrote:
> I realised that after I shot the answer. Not to sure what I am saying
> here but how about the join on that view and the single column table?
> Will that solve your problem?

Hmm, I don't quite see what you're saying here.

I've rewritten my queries as 'Table Functions' (that name is a little
ambiguous), and they work. So returning a SETOF MyTable, and then
executing the query as:

SELECT * FROM matchClass1(3);

Works. I'll just have to upgrade my production environment to 7.3 ahead
of schedule.

Thanks for your ideas,

David