Re: Can't get more than 255 chars out of memo field in Acc

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, justin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't get more than 255 chars out of memo field in Acc
Date: 2002-11-27 23:41:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> The FAQ has been part of the ODBC stuff since at
> least 1996 iirc. It has
> recently moved from the ODBC site to the psqlODBC
> project site on Gborg
> as part of our shakeup of the interfaces etc.
>
> It is worth remembering that techdocs is (at
> present) meant for
> unofficial, yet useful docs. 'Official' docs are not
> currently stored
> there.
>
> I have updated the FAQ with new items as required
> (and submitted), but
> as was recently said in another thread, FAQ implies
> 'frequent' which
> this problem is not (it's the first time I've heard
> of it in many
> years).
>
> Regards, Dave.

Sorry for the trespass ;-)
Looks like what we really want is a "Guide", as Justin
suggested (of course, a link from the Techdocs page to
the FAQ would be good).
I do not feel sufficiently qualified to write a "Using
MS Access with PostgreSQL" guide, but I would be happy
to collaborate with any others who would be willing to
put time into it.
Any volunteers?