BusinessWeek - Postgres mentioned

From: Frank Lee <franklee(at)netzero(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BusinessWeek - Postgres mentioned
Date: 2002-11-26 16:57:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

FYI - In an interview with Red Hat CEO Matthew Szulik, Postgres is nicely mentioned.

"Q: How far out do you think the open-source model extends? It works for servers and operating systems. But how about for niche products, such as Photoshop?
A: As the CEO of an open-source company, I think it's no longer a question of if but when. It will take a proven methodology and proven distribution and service channels to refine the approach. It's a very difficult and expensive process to build. But I'm starting to see open-source solutions being developed around PostGres (an open-source database). If you look at OpenOffice, which ships with Red Hat 7.3, that's a competitive productivity suite. "

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2002/tc20020515_1779.htm

Frank