Re: function does not exist error...

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dan Jewett <danjewett(at)mac(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: function does not exist error...
Date: 2002-11-21 23:36:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dan,

> The big picture of what I'm trying to do is that I have large flat
> file of records created with info about individual recordings
> (songs). I want to split those out into appropriately referenced
> tables.
>
> I thought I could create a combination of rules and triggers to step
> through the table (or a text file exported from it) and send the data
> where it needs to go. Part of the process would be to check for
> existing entries to prevent redundency. I also want be able to add
> entries to join tables on the fly.

Why do you want to use Triggers and Rules? Do you need to import this data
from source daily? Even so, batch processing will be faster than executing a
trigger for each row inserted.

--
-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533