Re: Hardware estimation

From: Francisco J Reyes <fran(at)natserv(dot)net>
To: Vidal Salem Zebulum <vzebulum(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hardware estimation
Date: 2002-11-20 17:14:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Vidal Salem Zebulum wrote:

> Our IBM rep then raised a problem: there was no linux driver in
> thePower3(P610) for the external storage solution we wanted.

Consider a SAN or a device which can look like a SCSI drive.
Don't have brands in mind right now, but there are some storage devices
outthere that can appear as a SCSI subsystem. Don't know anything about
64bit architecture, but wonder if they could connect to an SCSI subsystem.
If so you could go with Linux and you would like and then just attach to
one of these devices.