REPOST: inserting default values

From: "Felipe Schnack" <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: REPOST: inserting default values
Date: 2002-11-16 14:33:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Someone wrote to pgsql general list telling that you could insert the
default value of a column using DEFAULT keyword on pgsql 7.3. Like
INSERT INTO TEST (varcharfield1, varcharfield2) VALUES ('text', DEFAULT)
In this case, the "varcharfield2" column would get its default value (as
defined in CREATE TABLE). I was wondering, how I would do it using
PreparedStatements? We should have something like an "setDefault(int)" method
or something? I guess we could do it on JdbcAbstractResultSet, as we do with
SetServerSidePrepare... Just thinking.

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas
felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br