Docs about buffers and sortmem setting

From: Ryszard Lach <rla(at)id(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Docs about buffers and sortmem setting
Date: 2002-11-14 09:43:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi!

I've seen on this list some calculations concerning buffers and sort_mem
settings. Could you tell me if there is a document about such a
calculation? I'd like to use nearly all of my RAM for postgres.

Richard.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.