Re: Fields being renamed in internal select statements...

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fields being renamed in internal select statements...
Date: 2002-11-12 18:53:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I recently did a similar exercise, and ended up
changing all of the field names to eliminate the
spaces. Tedious, because it also required changing
the names wherever referenced by Access. But it
solved the problem once and for all. I thought that
worthwhile, because table names with spaces (or other
odd characters, or using reserved words as names,
or...) are just a gotcha waiting to happen, and surely
will get you sooner or later.
$0.02

--- Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>