Re: Query performance discontinuity

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Mike Nielsen <miken(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query performance discontinuity
Date: 2002-11-11 19:14:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

Mike,

> Just out of curiosity, anybody with any ideas on what happens to this
> query when the limit is 59626? It's as though 59626 = infinity?

I'd suspect that this size has something to do with your system resources.
have you tried this test on other hardware?

BTW, my experience is that Celerons are dog-slow at anything involveing large
or complex queries. Something to do with the crippled cache, I think.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions