Question on locale settings

From: Charlie Clark <charlie(at)begeistert(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question on locale settings
Date: 2002-11-10 12:57:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear list,

I've not been able to find very much in the archives on this.

Is is possible to set the locale for a single database? And if so is it
possible to do this once the database has been created?

I'm working on an application with German content so I need to support
locale de_DE but apart from references to doing this in the shell I haven't
found what I'm looking for.

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on cygwin and 7.0.3 on SuSE Linux.

Charlie