Re: protocol change in 7.4

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <pgsql(at)snaga(dot)org>
To: Darren Johnson <darren(at)up(dot)hrcoxmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: protocol change in 7.4
Date: 2002-11-05 02:38:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Darren Johnson <darren(at)up(dot)hrcoxmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I would like to here more about your implementation. Do you have some
> documentation that I
> could read?

Documentation is not available, but I have some slides for my presentation.

http://snaga.org/pgsql/20021018_2pc.pdf

Some answers for your questions may be in these slides.

And a current source code is available from:
http://snaga.org/pgsql/pgsql-20021025.tgz

> If not, perhaps (if you have the time) you could put together a post
> describing your work. Like
> Is it an internal or external solution. Are you sending SQL or tuples
> in your update messages.
> How are you handling failure detection? Is this partial or full
> replication?

It is an internal solution. In 2PC, pre-commit and commit are required.
So my implementation has some internal modifications on transaction
handling, log recording and else.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga(at)snaga(dot)org>