Re: Different size in the DATA directory

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alexander M(dot) Pravking" <fduch(at)antar(dot)bryansk(dot)ru>
Cc: Tim Perdue <tim(at)perdue(dot)net>, "Maur?cio Sessue Otta" <mauricio(at)cristorei(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Different size in the DATA directory
Date: 2002-11-03 01:20:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Alexander M. Pravking wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 10:48:00PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Tim, I guess your problem is dead index pages that can't be reclaimed,
> > and it isn't fixed in 7.3. Only REINDEX fixes it, and we have a
> > /contrib/reindexdb script in 7.3.
>
> As I see, contrib/reindexdb requires perl for commandline
> procesing. I don't think it's a good idea, since
> e.g. FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT have no perl in standard distribution.
>
> Thomas, why not to use sed?

No perl? I am no perl guy, but I assumed everyone had that already.

I just looked at the code, and yes, it should use sed rather than perl,
especially since it is using it just for processing command line args.

Seems it is a problem/bug for you. Patch applied to use sed rather than
perl.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size