Importing data into the database using JDBC

From: Dror Matalon <dror(at)zapatec(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Importing data into the database using JDBC
Date: 2002-11-01 18:40:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi folks,

Anyone knows about any Java based tools to import data into the
database from CSV, Excel, and other formats?

I know about the following resources for reading CSV and Excel:
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/
http://ostermiller.org/utils/CSVLexer.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/csvjdbc
http:// www.andykhan.com/jexcelapi/index.html

Before writing the tool, I'm wondering if someone knows of higher level
tool to grab the data and import it into the database.

--
Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc