Re: permission prob: granted, but still denied

From: s-psql(at)rhythm(dot)cx
To: Richard Huxton <richardh(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: permission prob: granted, but still denied
Date: 2002-10-30 17:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:02:38AM +0000, Richard Huxton wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 Oct 2002 6:53 am, s-psql(at)rhythm(dot)cx wrote:
> > Hello, I'm having some sort of permission problem on my database, running
> > version 7.2.3.
> >
> > The user in question is 'webauth', who does not own any of the objects in
> > question, nor is a superuser. He has been GRANTed ALL to a table 'websess'
> > as well as a table websess references, 'cscuser'. However, when that user
> > attempts to INSERT a valid row into table websess,
> >
> > ERROR: cscuser: Permission denied.
> >
> > is returned. Does anyone know why that occurs? The owner of the database &
> > tables is able to insert rows just fine.
>
> Do you have any serial types or sequences on the table? If so, you'll need to
> check permissions on those too.

Yep, all relevant sequences have permissions too:

csclub=> \z
Access privileges for database "csclub"
Table | Access privileges
cscuser | {=,webauth=arwdRxt}
cscuser_userid_seq | {=,csclub=arwdRxt,webauth=arwdRxt}
websess | {=,webauth=arwdRxt}
csclub=> INSERT INTO websess(hash,userid,created)
VALUES('abde',1,'2002-09-20');
ERROR: cscuser: Permission denied.

Anyone have any other ideas?