Re: [SQL] Creating Stored Procedures

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Philip Van Hoof <spamfrommailing(at)freax(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] Creating Stored Procedures
Date: 2002-10-29 18:36:17
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-sql

On 29 Oct 2002, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> Note that I have searched A LOT on google about this subject and I do
> know that this probably is a FAQ. But I also have not yet found any
> answer that we can actually use :). We have no problem with using beta
> versions. There is one requirement with betas : the version must run on
> both Linux and Windows NT (using CygWin if that is required, is no
> problem for us).

You might want to check out 7.3beta3 since it has support for functions
that return datasets. Since you don't want to have any source changes,
I'm not sure if the interface to such is the same as in the other two dbs
mentioned. It should run with cygwin as well with a little bit of work
(see recent messages on hackers)