Re: plpq

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpq
Date: 2002-10-29 08:27:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It is wrapper about libpq client library functions for use in PL/PSQL.
I agreed with Joe Conway that it may fit within dblink, because dblink is much
more easy to work with than the libpq, but sometimes it is Just not enough.
So, the idea is to re-implement all important libpq functions like
PQConnectdb,
PQExec ... and make one postgres server become just a client for another (or
another's) postgres server. As You know, dblink still does not support
simultaneous connections to two different databases, but with this it can !
I agreed with Joe that when he is back from holiday he will take a look.

Regards !