pg_hba.conf on win32

From: David Bear <iddwb(at)moroni(dot)pp(dot)asu(dot)edu>
To: pglist <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_hba.conf on win32
Date: 2002-10-28 21:48:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

We have a system that someone setup on cygwin. We are trying to locate where
the pg_hba.conf file is and found one but it doesn't seem that it is being
used.

How might we (1) locate which pg_hba.conf file postgres uses on cygwin and (2)
where pg is storing the data. I looked into the environment but couldn't
find anything there.

Also, since postgres starts as a windows service, how does one put commandline
parms on the postmaster so that it listens to a socket. Sorry about the
newbie questions but all the docs I found point to runing pg on various
unicies.
--
David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU