Fwd: connection fails

From: andres javier garcia garcia <andresjavier(dot)garcia(at)wanadoo(dot)es>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: connection fails
Date: 2002-10-25 13:36:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi;
I've just instaled the odbc driver 07.02.0003 and followed the instructions
given in "PostgreSQL + Access FAQ"

In the part "How do I create the linked table in Access?" there is:

4. Find your data source under File Data Source or Machine Data Source

The following message appears:
ODBD:falló la llamada (the phonecall failed)
Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to the remote socket. (#101)

I'm sure the IP addres is OK and the database name is OK.
If I leave blank the Username textbox and Password textbox, nothing happens.
When I write down my name and password is when the aforementioned messages
appear.

Thanks for your help
Javier