Introduction

From: Dror Matalon <dror(at)zapatec(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Introduction
Date: 2002-10-24 21:20:47
Lists: sfpug

Hi folks,

Looks like we have quite a bit in common. I worked for informix for 5
years, between 1985-1990 and I haven't owned a TV since 1985 :-)

I'm the president of Zapatec.

From our web page:

Zapatec lets you concentrate on creating feature rich database- driven
web applications. Using the Zapatec tools and platform, focus on
developing powerful applications rather than spending countless hours
on server configuration or maintenance.

In other words, we have a Postrgres database deployed and configure, a
Tomcat server and a bunch of custom java code that let's you have a
web style rapid deployment environment. This is all Java and JSP based.

Feel free to sign up and try it out, we're in Beta, and all accounts
are free right now.

One of the interesting things we're doing as far as Postgres is
concerned, is that we have several hundred databases on one server,
and it works fine.

We have quite a bit of technical expertise, so time permitting I should
be able to answer questions.

Personally -- prior to Zapatec I was on break from work for a year.
Before that between 1994 - 1999 I was the president of DNAI, a Berkeley
ISP. Prior to that I worked at Real Time Solutions doing warehouse
automation and before that Informix.

Wife, kids, minivan, the whole middle age thing. I play squash. Try
to spend time with the family.

That's about it,

Dror

--