Re: now() gives the time of the last commit, not the time it

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Talja Ari <Ari(dot)Talja(at)comptel(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: now() gives the time of the last commit, not the time it
Date: 2002-10-23 13:44:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Yes, this is a known issue with now(). We discussed it at great length
and decided to keep it the same in 7.3. There is timeofday for
current time, but that can change during the query. I think 7.4 will
have a parameter to now() which you can get the statement time, which is
probably what you want.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us