Re: Pg 7.2.3 int8 value out of range

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Brian Macy <bmacy(at)macykids(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg 7.2.3 int8 value out of range
Date: 2002-10-18 05:49:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Friday 18 October 2002 12:27 am, Brian Macy wrote:
> Apparently there is something wrong with the PGAC configure macro.
> Though I'm not clear as to why it fails when there is not native 64bit
> type in the compiler. At least I would think it would fail the create
> table if it isn't going to support the type.

Interesting. Something in the Debian compiler is different; it is 2.95
instead of the Red Hat 2.96 I have on Aurora.

> checking whether long int is 64 bits... no
> checking whether long long int is 64 bits... no
> checking for strtoll... yes
> checking for strtoull... yes
> checking for atexit... yes
> checking size of unsigned long... 4
> checking alignment of short... 2
> checking alignment of int... 4
> checking alignment of long... 4
> checking alignment of double... 8
> checking for int8... no
> checking for uint8... no
> checking for int64... no
> checking for uint64... no

Mine on Aurora is this:
checking whether long int is 64 bits... no
checking whether long long int is 64 bits... yes
checking whether snprintf handles 'long long int' as %lld... yes
checking for strtoll... yes
checking for strtoull... yes
checking for atexit... yes
checking size of unsigned long... 4
checking alignment of short... 2
checking alignment of int... 4
checking alignment of long... 4
checking alignment of long long int... 8
checking alignment of double... 8
checking for int8... no
checking for uint8... no
checking for int64... no
checking for uint64... no

The only difference is the long long int is 64 bits here.

So, Tom, what's up with that?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio