VACUUM FULL fails to free diskspace

From: Morten Guldager <PostgreSQL-admin(at)mogul(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: VACUUM FULL fails to free diskspace
Date: 2002-10-16 17:46:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

My database cluster have one database with one table. (if we don't
count template0 and 1.

My table has 3 collumns, 2 ints and a bytea. 2.5M rows and it consumes
150G diskspace. I have a unique index on the 2 ints.

I did a TRUNCATE on the table, and a VACUUM FULL.

But PostgreSQL-7.2.3 did not return the space to the filesystem. (ext3
on linux)

/Morten %-)

(This message may show up twice if the list-moderator is too fast.
I failed to post from the rigth address the first try :-)