Re: newbie qs; fixing and checking databases

From: Rusty Wright <rusty(at)socrates(dot)Berkeley(dot)EDU>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: newbie qs; fixing and checking databases
Date: 2002-10-16 19:36:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

It seems to me that if the machine crashes in the middle of a
transaction that there will be or is a very high chance of database
corruption. I don't know if and how postgresql would detect and
handle that after the system reboots. We are running mysql here and
haven't had any data integrity problems.