Re: GRANT on functions/languages

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GRANT on functions/languages
Date: 2002-10-10 14:05:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > I was looking for consistency so we could have things ready if we
> > tighten up in 7.4. I believe someone volunteered to fix them all so I
> > figured we should do that.
>
> Someone did volunteer, but I haven't seen results. My point is that
> it's not important as things stand. If anyone wants to go through the
> contrib functions and introduce some consistency, it would be much more
> useful to check their strictness and volatility attributes ... not to
> mention converting them all to v1 call convention for portability's sake

In my mind, the big question is whether we need things to be done in a
certain way now so we can tighten function/language permissions in 7.4
if we want to. For 7.3, we had to relax because of upgrade problems,
but if we want to tighten for 7.4, we have to plan that now.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us