What causes a table's oid to change?

From: Richard Ray <rray1(at)netdoor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What causes a table's oid to change?
Date: 2002-10-08 21:34:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a table with many views. I did something to cause the table to change
oid. I don't know what I did. When I try to access the data using one of
these views I get "ERROR: Relation "documents" with OID 24389201 no longer
exists". The table is fine. If I drop the view and recreate it it works fine.
Can you tell me some of the common thing that would cause this? Can I "reset"
the oid?

Thanks
Richard