Re: ORDER BY and LIMIT questions in EXCEPTs

From: Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general(at)empires(dot)org>
To: Doug Fields <dfields-pg-general(at)pexicom(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ORDER BY and LIMIT questions in EXCEPTs
Date: 2002-10-08 20:47:33
Lists: pgsql-general

It appears that postgres requires the ORDER BY or the LIMIT to be at the end
of the query. I think if you want the LIMIT, OFFSET, or ORDER BY to affect
anything other than the end result you'll have to use a subselect.

I could be doing something wrong, but I got a syntax error if I tried to put
those clauses in the middle of the query.

Regards,
Jeff Davis