Re: sloooow query

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: <marie(dot)tuite(at)edisonaffiliates(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sloooow query
Date: 2002-10-07 20:44:31
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Marie,

> I ran the vacuum for selected tables. It looks fine, I think, but I amn't
> always sure what I am reading in output.

So much for the easy answer. The reason I wanted to see a VACUUM FULL is
that the query on the "bad" database is taking a long time to return even the
first row of many of its sub-parts. This is usually the result of not
running VACUUM FULL after a lot of deletions.

However, your problem apparently is something else. Is is possible that
there is some kind of disk access problem for the bad database copy? Is
there a difference in where its files are physically located?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions