Re: [HACKERS] ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN
Date: 2002-10-05 08:46:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

En Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:21:06 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com> escribió:

> Huh, I don't know where I got the idea you were (or someone else was?)
> in the position that attislocal should be reset. I'll clean everything
> up and submit the patch I had originally made.

All right, this is it. This patch merely checks if child tables have
the column. If atttypid and atttypmod are the same, the attributes'
attinhcount is incremented; else the operation is aborted. If child
tables don't have the column, recursively add it.

attislocal is not touched in any case.

"El Maquinismo fue proscrito so pena de cosquilleo hasta la muerte"
(Ijon Tichy en Viajes, Stanislaw Lem)

Attachment Content-Type Size
addcolumn-inh-2.patch application/octet-stream 2.6 KB