Re: Deadlock

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: "Nikhil G(dot) Daddikar" <ngd(at)celoxis(dot)com>
Cc: pggeneral <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deadlock
Date: 2002-10-05 03:30:29
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Nikhil G. Daddikar wrote:

> Yes. Also, I have about 65 tables and i never get a deadlock anywhere
> else, just here. However, this tables is accessed for almost all
> operation (read-mode) since all pages require security checks.

Hmm, you might want to turn on query logging if you haven't and see
what else is going on the system. My first guess would be that the
overly strong fk locking is causing you trouble, perhaps there's
something that's waiting on a previous update you've done in that sessions
that's holding a lock the check wants to get.